November 13, 2013

The Big 40 Birthday Party Weekend

My sister asked me to plan a PINK birthday party for her and it ended up being a birthday party weekend! We rented a friend's lake house and arrived on a Friday and left on Sunday. It was a super relaxing weekend - just what a gathering of moms need!!

One of my sister's friends sorted these on the table while everyone sat around talking


I found the invitation below on Etsy from THIS STORE.  She was super nice because I had to change the info many times!!
The invitation - I made pink envelopes to match




Pink Ombre Cake How-to HERE

My sister loves chocolate covered pretzels so I made some with pink of course!

How to make your own Ombre Flower Arrangement HERE







Dinner:  Salad, Stuffed Chicken Marsala, Sliced Baked Potatoes, Fruit Salad, Bread with dipping spices from a local favorite restaurant, Grape Juice and 7-Up family favorite mixture.  (Recipes linked)


She was actually chewing food in her mouth... Ha!



Breakfast the next morning:
Crepe Bar with Nutella, Chocolate Mousse, strawberries, bananas, toasted almonds and coconut, vanilla cream sauce, and whipping cream

I totally went paddle boarding to provide some entertainment to the others.  I did have my bathing suit on underneath my pajamas!!  :) 

My sister and her friends
On the invitation we asked for people to wear pink!  Her friends were great and totally did it!  I didn't even have any pink to wear!!!!

Forty and Fabulous!!
That day Candi and her friends spent like five hours sitting in and out of the hot tub!!  They were pretty wiped out that evening!


I really didn't take very many pictures.  That next night we had appetizers for dinner, Crab Cakes, Artichoke Dip, Chips and three kinds of queso, Veggies with hummus, Ham and cheese sliders, and we were supposed to have chocolate fondue for dessert but everyone was too full!  Then, for breakfast the next day I made biscuits and served them with different home made jams, and my sister made a Paleo Breakfast Casserole. 

White cake with white chocolate raspberry mousse filling and white chocolate frosting! 
Something else I was going to do was have questions for everyone to answer while we were eating, like;  Where did you think you would be in your life at age 40?  What do you hope is different in five - 10 years?  What has been your favorite age so far?  etc.

It was a fun weekend with my two fabulous sisters!  It was fun to be around my sister's friends and it was fun to do this for her!!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. I feel so blessed you were able to do this at our Lake Home. It may be the last Big Event before it sells. Glad we could provide this for all of you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...