November 12, 2013

Crab Cake Recipe

Pin It
I kind of burnt these at my sister's birthday party....

I love crab cakes!  Loooove them!  When we lived in Maryland, of course I had to learn how to make them!!  I'm all about learning how to make your favorite foods so you don't have to go out to eat and pay an arm and a leg to eat them!  This is the recipe that I like to use.  I think I got it out of Southern Living years ago!   They are yummy and easy!   However, for my sister's birthday weekend I did it on the cheap (cheaper) and used minced crab instead of the lump crab.

I've used canned crab, cooked my own crab legs and picked the meat off.  Honestly, when using fresh crab I haven't really noticed a difference in taste and it takes more time.  You can also buy the fresher lump crab in the fresh meat/seafood sections of some grocery stores if you don't want to use canned.

Crab Cake Recipe

3 T. butter, divided
1 large red bell pepper, minced
1/2 medium onion, minced  
1 c. saltine crackers finely crushed
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
2 tsp.  Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. hot sauce
1 lb. lump crab meat, drained and picked

1.  Melt 2 T. butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and onion and saute 10 minutes or until tender.  Remove from heat, stir in cracker crumbs and next 6 ingredients.  Gently stir in crab meat.  Shape into 8 patties; cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24.

2.  Melt 1/2 T butter in skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook four crab cakes 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden.  Drain on paper towels.  Repeat with butter and other crab cakes. 

3.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...