November 11, 2013

Artichoke Dip Recipe



Pin It

I'm a little behind posting about my sister's birthday weekend...  I had to hold a sick baby for a week, and then I helped do a baby shower, and then my Grandma came to visit!  AND I'm redecorating my house (when I wasn't doing all those other things!)!  Phew!!

This artichoke dip is a huge crowd pleaser! I always get tons of compliments and requests for this recipe.  So, I guess it's your lucky day I'm sharing it!  ;) 

I've been making this for a long time just by throwing a dash of this and little of that in a pot, but I had to write it down when I practiced making it for an appetizer for my sister's wedding and it's the one I've used ever since.

I think what people like is that it doesn't have large chunks of artichokes (some people don't mind them, but my husband does, so I always puree those, and it seems like that is always a comment I get from people is that they like that there aren't big chunks of artichoke in it).  It is also a creamier based artichoke dip, not oily like many recipes that have mayonnaise in them are.  To each their own, but this is the one we like!! 

I like to dip bread (or baked baguette slices) in artichoke, some people like the pita chips or vegetables.

Artichoke Dip Recipe

1 (10 - 12 oz.) jar marinated artichokes pureed with the oil  (you can use more if you want a richer taste!)
16 oz. cream cheese
2/3 c. feta cheese (for a stronger taste you can use goat cheese)
2/3 c. milk
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (you can omit this if you don't want that tiny kick)
3- 4 cloves garlic minced (or however many to get the taste you want, but remember the marinade usually has garlic in it)
2 T. lemon juice

Mix all ingredients in medium saucepan over low heat until melted.  I use a fondue pot.  Super easy!  Super yummy! When warming up leftovers (or even when making it) you can add a little bit of milk to make desired creaminess.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...