March 17, 2013

Boy Baby Shower

Here is a baby shower I helped throw for a friend. We went with the color scheme black, white, and blue. 
 
 
 Some times I start a project and think, "Why didn't I make this easier on myself!"  Making all those little bow ties for the invites was a little crazy!  Cute, but crazy.
 
 


 
We had some black and white themed food:

I made some Homemade Oreos - RECIPE HERE

I made some Homemade Hostess Cakes - RECIPE HERE

 
My friend's favorite cake is a tres leches cake.  Well, I didn't want to serve a sheet looking cake, so I was very adventurous and made it two tiered...  I'll just say, it was an adventure....  Plus I over whipped the whipping cream frosting part.  But, I must say I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. 



 
My friend made some wedding cookies and some sugar cookie cups.


Since we had bow ties as the theme  - who could tie a tie the fastest?



I made Melissa a little bow tie onesie for her baby to match our theme. 

Baby showers are so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...