February 9, 2010

Tres Leches Cake


I made this cake for a Mexican themed progressive dinner with friends. I've never really been a fan of the tres leches cakes I had tried, but had heard other people say they loved it. I tore this recipe out in 2006, and finally got around to trying it. I thought it was great, and both my husband and I thought it tasted better the next few days after it had sat. I do not like soggy cakes, and though this cake looks like it might be, it really isn't!!! It almost has a lighter pound cake texture.

The good thing about Southern Living Recipes are you can still look them up on the website, and I don't have to retype it here for you. See the recipe HERE.

This would be a great addition to your Cinco de Mayo party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...