August 15, 2012

Oreos


Oh friends, these are super yummy, and so easy.  John calls them double-stuffed oreos, and I guess they would definitely qualify!  I adapted this recipe just a little bit.  Her filling called for shortening, and I don't cook with that, so I subbed marshmallow creme.  Pick your poison I guess.  :)

This isn't like a whoopie pie, the filling isn't creamy, it hardens, similar to a real oreo.  Also, like a real oreo, these go perfect with a cold glass of milk!

For other options of what you can do with this cookie - see HERE.

Oreo Cookie Recipe
makes about 20 oreos

To make the Chocolate Cookie:

1 pkg. devils food chocolate cake mix (I use Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food)
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1.  Mix together with an electric mixer.  I found mixing them by hand makes them puffy. 
2.  Use a small cookie scoop for bigger cookies, I used half of a small cookie scoop. 
3.  Place on greased cookie sheet.
4.  Bake at 350, 10 minutes for larger cookies, and 8 minutes for smaller ones.
5.  Under bake cookies just a tad and let them finish baking on cookie sheet.

To make the yummy filling:
 

1 stick softened butter (unsalted)
1/2 c. marshmallow creme
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. powdered sugar (a little less than 3 cups)
1.  Cream butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla.
2.  Add powdered sugar and cream together.
3.  Fill cookies as soon as they are cooled with a butter knife. (Don't worry, you have PLENTY of filling, stuff those cookies full!)
4.  Enjoy!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...