December 5, 2012

Holiday Party Food Ideas

Last year my sister opened her pilates and fitness studio and asked me to help her host a Christmas party/Grand opening/trunk show with another local vendor and myself.  I'm always game for a party... 

She lives three hours away from me, and with me bringing my kids, let's just say it was one crazy night and day putting this all together. 

What I love to hear after my parties... One woman said her husband did not want to come with her to the party, he said "the food is never good at those things."  Well, he raved about the food and couldn't stop eating.  That made me feel great!  Also, one of my sister's clients called the next day and was going to a party that night and wanted to know if she could buy any leftovers from our party!  Love it!


Menu:  Artichoke Dip, Veggies with hummus and ranch, yummy gingersnaps, chocolate covered strawberries, cream puffs dipped in chocolate, white chocolate mousse brownie cups, fruit salsa with cinnamon pitas, Bruschette, sugar cookies, and cranberry meatballs. (Some recipes linked)


So, obviously the messy ones my sister were the ones my sister did when she was helping me.... :) 


My sister whipped up the fruit salsa

We served a cranberry punch and wassail

with crushed peppermint of course!


I could eat all of this by myself - probably one of my favorite appetizers!

The sugar cookies were devoured by the end of the night! 


I didn't get very good pictures but there were pretty silver ornaments hanging from the lights through that part of the studio



Sadly, I won't be hosting any holiday parties this year, just hosting a new baby...  :)  But it was nice to re-live this one in pictures!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...