July 23, 2012
This is a super easy, quick, yummy meal! If you like tin foil dinners, you'll like this. Even better, because you don't have to wrap it in aluminum foil and wait for it to cook over a fire...
There is really no exact recipe for this - I make it a little different every time... We serve it with ketchup....
Cabbage Skillet Recipe
1 lb of ground beef browned and drained
drop of olive oil
about 4 carrots (or I usually do one per person eating)
about 4 potatoes (or one per person eating)
1/2 med. onion diced
1/2 head large cabbage shredded, or use bagged cole slaw mix
Garlic powder or minced garlic clove if desired
1. Brown and drain ground beef.
2. Saute onion and carrots in olive oil for a few minutes
3. Add cabbage, potatoes, beef
4. Season with desired salt, pepper, and garlic if desired
5. Cover and cook until potatoes have desired tenderness