August 16, 2012

Mallary's Easter Dress

It was always a tradition to have a new Easter dress growing up, and I've carried that tradition on with Mallary.  However, this year we were trying to save our money, and I was going to be strong and fore go an Easter dress.  As silly a thing an Easter dress, I was sad about it, but was just going to get over it.  We were to leave for our Spring Break vacation the next day to Utah, and I couldn't take it anymore, and I thought I would just make Mallary an Easter dress...

I found this fabric in my stash that I had bought at least two years ago, and went to town.  I had an idea of what I wanted, but no pattern.  Who needs a pattern???  ;) 

So, I just made one up.  I only had to make the inside layer for the bodice twice, because my first attempt was too small.  A couple of hours later, I had her Easter dress! 

I made the boys matching seer sucker bow ties - see HERE

Waste not, want not - I found these buttons in my mom's handed down button stash, and I used elastic from a sheet I ripped apart a while ago.  Of course I already had the ribbon... 


I was pleased with how it turned out, and I was proud of this being only my second dress ever.  The first one I made was in my sewing class in college 15 years ago!  (and I didn't even get an A on that one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...