I saw this recipe on Pinterest and read the reviews and figured I needed to try it. I think store bought pizza dough tastes like play dough sometimes, so I decided to make my own dough.
This was a super easy recipe and a great recipe your kids can help with. In fact they cut all the pepperoni and rolled all the dough while my hair was getting checked for LICE! (LICE!!!) They love helping make dinner and this is something your kids can very easily do.
My kids loved helping and my kids loved eating it! Super easy, and yummy!
Pull Apart Pizza Bread Recipe
Adapted from THIS RECIPE
- 2 Cans of Pizza Dough or Biscuits (I used my recipe for Pizza Factory Bread sticks - below)
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese (or an Italian blend)
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 – 8 oz package of pepperoni
- 1 cup Parmesean cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Your favorite Pizza Sauce (I used some marinara spaghetti sauce)
1 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
1 1/2 C. warm water
1 T. oil
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 C. flour
1. Mix the yeast, sugar and water and let sit for a couple of minutes to dissolve the yeast. Add the oil, salt and flour and knead by hand or with your mixer with a dough hook for about 5 minutes.
2. Cover and let rise until double.
3. Meanwhile - Mix the seasonings and cheese together in a bowl.
4. Cut pepperoni into smaller pieces and add to the bowl and mix.
5. Lightly flour your hands and roll the dough into small balls. Place them in the bowl with the pepperoni and cheeses, mix around every so often so the dough just doesn't stick to each other.
6. Add olive oil and pour in bowl and mix all together. (Honestly, I didn't measure here, I just poured and mixed, and poured and mixed as needed, until I thought things were evenly coated.)
7. Place mixture into greased tubed cake pan.
8. Let them rise until doubled.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 20-30 minutes. Make sure to check the middle before you remove from oven. If middle is still not cooked be sure to leave it in until it's done.
10. Flip over onto a plate while it's hot.
11. Serve with your favorite pizza sauce or marinara and enjoy!
|Flour hands, Roll dough, Toss in bowl with mixture|