August 28, 2012

Summer 2012 Favorites

School starting back up is the end of summer for me.  So sad!  Summer is definitely my favorite, always has been, always will be!!!  These were my favorite things from this summer...

1.  Letting bread rise outside in the 95+ degree weather.  So fast!  Love it!

2.  Puddle Jumper Life vests - Oh my word why did I not have this at the beginning of the summer?????  Why did I not have this for all my kids?? So very perfect for the fearless 2 year old!  Jonah loved the freedom that wearing this provided too - of course...  Then I didn't have to worry about him jumping in the pool in the deep end, etc.  HE LOVED IT!  As do I!



3.  Cheap refills on sodas in your own water bottles!  Did you know when you are traveling you can fill up your own plastic reusable bottles with soda at gas stations for basically pennies?  I didn't until our travels this summer.  John always has to stop and get soda, now he can do it for cheap!  I think Shell had the cheapest prices.  So, you're getting this ginormous soda for 40 cents or something.  Not all gas stations are as cheap though...  Check before you fill up. 

4.  Sierra Mist -  I normally don't like strawberry kiwi flavored things, but this new Sierra Mist - strawberry kiwi flavor is my new favorite soda!  It's almost like a flavored sparkling water, it's just so light tasting and yummy!!


5.  Jalapeno Poppers - I planted four jalapeno plants just for this purpose!  (Sadly, though not all of them survived thanks to a stupid rabbit...)  We like to grill them, but our grill died, so this summer, we just broiled them on a rack in the oven.  Clean the seeds out of your jalapenos, stuff with cream cheese mixture (sugar, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce), wrap in bacon, enjoy a little bit of heaven with some heat.. ;) 

they look ugly, but they are oh so good....




 
6.  Kool-Aid Slushies -  Why have I not made these before???  This was totally Trevan, my seven year old's idea.  First, freeze kool-aid in ice cube trays.  After they are frozen throw them in your magic bullet with a little bit of kool - aid liquid, or water, and blend.  It's like your own slurpee.  The new peach mango flavor is DELICIOUS!!!!  Just try not to get addicted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...