Continuing on with sausage week...
I cut this recipe out of Southern Living in 2004 and am just getting around to trying it. Awesome. I also found it online and linked to it below.
This is a simple, good recipe. I used pasta made from whole wheat, only used red bell peppers, and added onions instead of shallots because I didn't feel like going to the store. I also used a can of tomatoes also because I didn't feel like going to the store.
Spicy Sausage and Pepper Rotini
Recipe from HERE
1 (16-ounce) box rotini pasta
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Remove from pan; drain. Wipe skillet clean.
- Sauté peppers and shallots in same skillet in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, and sausage; cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; add cooked pasta to tomato mixture, and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Note: For spicier flavor, sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper