March 28, 2012

Smoked Sausage Hoagies


This is one of my favorite, super easy and quick, last-minute meals.  We only have this 3-4 times a year, but I actually wish we had it more! 

You can buy nitrate-free smoked sausage, and I've started buying turkey smoked sausage as well.  The  natural kind is of course more money. 

Smoked Sausage Hoagies Recipe
feeds my family of 5 - no leftovers. 

1 lb. smoked sausage
1/2 large pepper
1/2 onion

Yummy hoagie bread

Slice all ingredients.  Add a tiny bit of oil to your skillet.  On medium-high heat cook your sausage for a few minutes then add vegetables.  Cook until vegetables soften a little bit and your sausage is browned to your likeness. 

Enjoy! 

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get nitrate-free smoked sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harris Teeter carries some - I would think most grocery stores would carry it. Hormel brand. All natural - no anything except like celery salt and a few other ingredients like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to start looking. I usually steer clear of that section, so I guess that's why I haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...