March 17, 2011

Pecan Cheesecake Pie


Do you like pecan pie? And cheesecake? Then you'll love this recipe!!

Here's another recipe I cut out forever ago (2007!), and I was going to make this at Thanksgiving last year, but it got cut from my bake list. I don't know if you remember or not, but I should have made this one, and none of the other ones!!!

I love it! The perfect blend of everything! I will never make a plain pecan pie again. Okay, I don't think I've actually ever made one... but now I won't have to! It's seriously is so delicious and easy!

Pecan Cheesecake Pie Recipe (From HERE)

1/2 (15 oz.) packaged refrigerated pie crusts
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
4 large eggs
3/4 c. sugar, divided
2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. chopped pecans
1 c. light corn syrup

I made my own pie crust, here's the recipe:

1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
6 T. butter
3 T. cold water

Mix flour and salt. Cut in butter until particles are pea sized. Sprinkle with water, a little bit at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened. Shape dough into ball, roll out, place in pie plate. (Remember, the less you handle the dough the better & flakier)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Make pie crust, put it into 9 inch pie plate according to directions

2. Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 c. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and salt at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. (Don't forget to cream your cream cheese first or you get lumpys.) Pour cream cheese mixture into pie crust; sprinkle with pecans.

3. Whisk together corn syrup and remaining 3 eggs, 1/4 c. sugar,and 1 tsp. vanilla. Pour mixture over pecans.

4. Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake at 350, on the lowest rack in the oven, 50-55 minutes or until pie is set (It took mine about an hour). Cool completely on wire rack (about an hour). Server or cover and chill up to two days.

This pie could go on your Easter Dinner bake list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...