December 20, 2010

Potato Gratin with Rosemary

I tried another new recipe from this month's Southern Living magazine. I was very unsure how this would turn out, but I thought it was super yummy. Though, next time I'll work on a few things to make it look prettier.

It is a potato gratin with rosemary crust using gruyere cheese - see recipe and pictures HERE.

A few adjustments to the recipe:

1. It says to bake it at 450 degrees - that is just way too high - it burnt my crust. Next time I'll cook it at a lower temperature but for longer.

2. 3 pounds of potatoes did not fit in my 9 inch springform pan. I wasn't able to use one whole sweet potato.

3. I didn't microwave the cream.

4. I think this would be delicious without the crust as well, just mix the rosemary and extra cheese in with the potatoes. Even prettier if baked in a pyrex so you can see the layers to the potatoes.



I was worried there wasn't going to be enough liquid, but I stuck to the recipe and it was great.

It's like a sophisticated au gratin potatoes - love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...