December 18, 2010

Cranberry Lime Drink

I love a yummy drink recipe. This is perfect for the holidays! It is a little tart, fresh, and very tasty!

I got the recipe out of Southern Living's magazine, you can see it here.

They call it a punch recipe, but I wouldn't categorize it as a punch, it's more of a lemonade-y, club soda-y kind of drink. I changed the recipe a little; not adding the alcohol and I used regular limes instead of key limes.

2 c. fresh cranberries
1 c. sugar
1 c. water

1/2 c. fresh lime juice (about 2 1/2 limes)
5-6 c. chilled club soda

Combine cranberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop. (Once, I actually cooked it too long and ended up getting cranberry pulp in my drink. You just want the syrup.) Pour mixture through wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher. Cool completely. Stir in chilled club soda, and lime juice.

So yummy.

I need more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...