April 7, 2021

Swimsuit Search



I'm a little late to the swimsuit hunt this year.  I like to put a swimsuit in my kids Easter basket, but I didn't do a swimsuit inventory of what they need in time. Most of the ones I have found that I want to order, their sizes are sold out.  Wah!  

This year, it looks like the trends are vertical stripes, color blocking, and of course tie dye! And, I'll always love the classic gingham or seersucker.

You will laugh, but when I shop for swimsuits I look for a swimsuit for each occasion.  

1.  A beach/lake swimsuit:  I try to stay away from white because it tends to get discolored by lake or ocean water.  I also like a rash guard style swimsuit because we do the beach allll day, and that's less sunblock for me to have to worry about.  

2.  A pool swimsuit: This one usually has white. Less likely a rash guard. 

3. Indoor swimsuit: Also often has white, but I'm more willing to use some sort of two piece for babies here when I don't have to worry about sunblock. 

I also just read an article about making sure your children's swimsuits are bright colors so if they go under, especially in dark waters, it is easier to find them.  Noted. 

Here are some swimsuits I've come across this year that I am loving. 

Mallary really likes this style of swimsuit, and as her mom, I do too!  More coverage, less sunblock, and less worrying about her butt/chest hanging out.  Score! Mallary also got a bad sunburn once and that was enough for her, she is my sunblock queen.  So, we've found a lot of these cuties, but they are all already sold out in her sizes.
Land's End




 


I love me a good rash guard. I've been sporting them for years, got lots of other people hooked on them.  They used to be so hard to find, but now they are everywhere. I have a one piece from Amazon similar to the one below.  I love the print on this one!  




Be still my heart!  The smocking on this is adorable.  Bailee may or may not be sporting this cutie at the pool this year... 

Nordstrom


I love the following brand!  Mallary has had a few of their swimsuits, and I think Bailee has too.  I just love their fun prints!  They are also great quality!






I usually buy at least one swimsuit from Gap every year.  Their quality is great, and I'm always able to resell them when my children outgrow them.  Their swim shorts have been handed down through all of my boys as well. 

Gap


I also love a good flutter sleeve or capped sleeve to protect the shoulders from the sun!

Target

TJMaxx and Marshalls are actually my go to for swimsuits every year as well.  They are so inexpensive, and you can always find super cute ones. These next few are from there. 


Can't wait for some sun, sea, and sand!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! There's definitely a few I want to check out on your list. This was the first year I ever ordered a suit online. I got it from Dicks on clearance the calia brand. I've worn it once and I really like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! In the top right picture, Mallary's suit is Calia brand. It's great quality!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...