January 21, 2014

Eggnog Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Eggnog Sauce

Pin It

I love bread puddings!  You can eat them for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, or whenever!  I made this a few years ago and went to make it again this year and when my nine year old asked what I was making, he goes, "Yes!!!  I loved that!"  I guess it made an impression on him the last time I made it!

This is based off a recipe in one of my Southern Living Cookbooks, but I had changed it so much and scribbled so much in the margins, I finally had to write my own recipe for it!  So, I made it a few times this holiday season just to make sure my recipe was the way I wanted it!!  It was gobbled up every time. 

It is so very very delicious!

Eggnog Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Eggnog Sauce Recipe

1 (1 lb.) loaf of cinnamon bread, cubed
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. milk
1 1/2 c. egg nog
1 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 T. melted butter
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

1.  Place bread cubes in lightly greased 9x13 pan.

2.  Whisk together all ingredients.

3.  Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, pressing down bread gently to absorb liquid.  Cover and chill at least an hour.  (I often do overnight if I'm serving this for a breakfast.)

4.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  I sometimes put aluminum foil over the top halfway through baking so it doesn't get too brown on the top.  (Though I personally like my bread pudding drier...)

5.  Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.  Serve with warm White Chocolate Eggnog Sauce. 

White Chocolate Eggnog Sauce

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. eggnog
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
4 oz.  white chocolate

1.  Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan, cook over low heat 5 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.

2.  Combine water and cornstarch - stir into eggnog mixture.  Bring to a boil and boil one minute stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add white chocolate.  Stir until dissolved.  Serve warm.  Makes 2 1/2 cups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...