November 15, 2013

Refashion Friday - Sweater to dress


My friend gave me some clothes for a yard sale and in the bunch of stuff was this sweater.  I thought the flower appliques were so cute (especially on the pockets!) and I got the idea to make it into a sweater dress for Mallary. When I first started my business years ago, I actually started with sweater dresses.  I made girls sweater dresses out of adult sweaters.  They were cute, I actually have two left still unsold...

It was a quick project.  My Grandma watched as I made it and said that is the fastest dress ever made!  As I told my sister, it's not something I probably would have bought had I found it in a store, but it was free!  I think it turned out pretty good!


Method:

I cut off the sleeves, shortened them, thinned them.

I sewed up the sides - a lot.

I reattached sleeves!

That's it!!

Bonus?  It will fit her next year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...