December 1, 2012

Copy Cat Butterfinger Candy Bars


I'm not sure I would call this a Pinterest Fail, but it was pretty close.... I followed the recipe exactly, but some of my candy corn was really old, so I don't know if that mattered or not...  I probably won't try again any time soon to find out either. 

However, the taste was pretty close to copying a Butterfinger candy bar.  To quote my eight year old, "It almost tastes like a Butterfinger, Mom.  You did a pretty good job..." 

Because my mixture didn't turn out quite right, it was really hard to cover in chocolate without getting little pieces of the inside stuck on the outside of the chocolate.

My two year old loved eating my rejects - I mean, they were all rejects, but he loved them. 

Here's the recipe in case you want to try.  Let me know how they turn out for you. 

Copy Cat Butterfinger Candy Bar Recipe:
Recipe from HERE

1 lb. candy corn
16oz jar peanut butter (I used Peter Pan Honey Roasted peanut butter)
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...