February 3, 2012

Placemat to Throw Pillow


I'm in the process of re-decorating my living room.  Well, I'm a year into the process...  I was waiting on finding the right rug, and the right fabric for a chair, and now that I've found both, I'm on my way to getting it done! 

I got this laser cut place mat about a year and wanted to turn it into a throw pillow.  I wasn't really sure how it would turn out, and I'm still not even sure how much I like it now that it is done.  But, at least it's done...

I got a navy blue canvas/cotton and sewed the place mat on it.  That was kind of a pain...  But, there are a lot of laser cuts out there that don't have so many little pieces which would be easier to do. 

I put in a zipper (that I already had) closure (rather sloppily I might add), and stuffed in one of my old pillow forms. 

Super cheap throw pillow!

We'll see how long it actually stays in my living room, like I said, the jury is still out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...