February 3, 2012

Corn Bread



Last year, I tried a lot of recipes to try and find the perfect corn bread recipe.  Remember my battle of the cornbreads?  Well, I never found one I loved, but just recently John helped me come up with a recipe we both like!!  I figured out the ingredient I don't like in corn bread, baking soda.  It leaves the corn bread with a bitter taste that I don't really like. 

Corn bread Recipe

1 c. flour
1 c. cornmeal (any kind, I think I like white best...)
4 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 c. oil
1 c. butter milk

Combine all dry ingredients.  Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and then add all liquid ingredients and whisk until combined.  Don't over beat.  Heat cast iron skillet on medium heat with 1 T. oil in it.  Turn off once oil gets hot.  Pour batter in skillet, and transfer skillet to oven. Or you could use a square pan greased (can't remember the size).   Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  (or longer if using a square pan. 

It's extra yummy with home made apple butter...

If you have an extra yummy corn bread recipe you like, give it to me to try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...