December 10, 2009

Citrus Spice Cranberry Sauce

I love cranberry sauce. LOVE it. We never really had cranberry sauce growing up with our holiday meals, except at our Grandma's sometimes when she would open up the canned jellied stuff. I was afraid to try that - something in the shape of a can??? ICK!! Plus, I thought it was beets; one of the few foods I do not enjoy.

Anyway. Sometime as an adult, I started making my own cranberry sauce, chutneys, and relishes, and I've been experimenting ever since. I canned my cranberry sauce this morning. Who would have thought canning could be so much fun?? I plan on doing more, so I will have it all year. Plus, I'm planning on using it as gifts, and I think it would make a pretty fun hostess gift as well if you are going to someones home for a holiday meal. (Though technically, etiquette says bringing food gifts can be a bit tricky because a hostess feel obligated to use it for the meal, and they might not want to, and it can create more work for a hostess - finding a serving bowl, etc. That etiquette stuff can be a bit confusing at times...)


Now, do I clean up my canning mess, or wait for my husband to come home and do it?

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...