November 25, 2009

What to do with those leftover mashed potatoes

There are so many things to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers. Here is one thing you can do with your leftover mashed potatoes.

For dinner last night, I took our leftover mashed potatoes from Sunday's dinner (John always makes a ton, but I'm not complaining), and made a kind of twice baked potato dinner - minus the skin, unless you use skin in your mashed potatoes (which we do when we use red potatoes) then you can still have your skin.

I heated up the potatoes and added broccoli, cheese, bacon, sour cream, and fresh chives from my garden (one of the easiest herbs to grow, in my opinion). The only thing that would have made it even better would be some guacamole and chili, but I didn't have that on hand.



Very, very good. Very, very simple and quick!

And, yes. That was just my serving.

Happy leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...