I blogged about our very first one HERE. Not even kidding, it ended up being on the coldest day of the year. But our hearts were warm...
You should totally do this with your friends and family and I'm going to make it easy for you and have included my invitations and score cards that I made for your reference. I hope you do it and make some fun festive memories!!
Here are some invites:
And another year:
A. Luke 2
1. And it came to pass in those days that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
3. And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
CLUE: Address of a local Liberty Tax
CHALLENGE 1: Pay a tax of one cookie to the person in this address to receive your next clue.
CHALLENGE 2: Put a “tax” of any amount in any Salvation Army Bell Ringer Location
B. Luke 2
4. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5. To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
CHALLENGE 1: Find a pregnant woman and take a picture with her (10 extra points if she is wearing red or a Christmas sweater)
C. Luke 2
7. And she brought forth her first born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
CHALLENGE 1: Take a picture asking if there is any vacancy at any Inn/Hotel/Motel
BONUS CHALLENGE: Serenade Front Desk with the song, Away in a Manger
D. Luke 2
8. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them and they were sore afraid.
CLUE: Go to this address and look under the sheep for your next clue: I sent everyone to a widower’s home and hid the clue in his manger scene under the shepherds.
CHALLENGE 1: Carol at that address
CHALLENGE 2: SING ANY CHRISTMAS SONG THAT HAS THE WORD, ‘ANGEL,’ OR ‘SHEPERD’ IN IT.
E. Luke 2
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12. And this shall be a sign unto you; You shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15. And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which is the Lord hath made known unto us.
CHALLENGE 1: How many angels can you find on Christmas Drive in the north pole? (I sent them to a community with a lot of blow up Christmas decorations and such.
CHALLENGE 2: Take a picture with the majority of your family wrapped in a blanket.
CHALLENGE 3: Find a peace sign, take a picture with it
F. Luke 2
16. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17. And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18. And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19. But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.
20. And the shepherd returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
CHALLENGE 1: Find a shepherd, take a picture with it.
CHALLENGE 2: Find a heart, take a picture with it.
CHALLENGE 3: How many nativities are in that same community as above?
G. Matthew 2
1. Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem.
2. Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
7. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
8. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
9. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
CHALLENGE: Take a Picture with any star decoration
BONUS CHALLENGE: 10 Extra points if the star is lit up in some way.
SUPER BONUS CHALLENGE: Have three people put on Burger King crowns and take a picture
H. Matthew 2
10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
CLUE: Look under the sack of gifts at this address for your next clue: Pick an address of people you know that have some kind of gifts decorations in their yard.
CHALLENGE 1: Take a video showing your family rejoicing with exceeding great joy.
CHALLENGE 2: Deliver your gift of a plate of cookies to anyone you choose.
I. Matthew 2
12. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
CLUE: Depart to where the party is!
CHALLENGE 1: Sing Christmas songs in your vehicle the entire way to this address.