July 30, 2014

Summer Cobblers


I know we are on to picking blackberries right now and they are perfect for my favorite blackberry cobbler!  But, one day in the summer I got lucky enough to have picked cherries, strawberries, and my sister bought me some rhubarb from the farmers market and I made three summer cobblers! One cherry, one strawberry rhubarb, and one with all three!  Delish!! 

My mouth waters looking at these cherries!!!!
Summer Cobbler with all three fruits
Strawberry Rhubarb!  







Summer Cobbler Recipe

4 c. fruit
1 large egg
1 c. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp. butter melted

For this recipe you can use an 8 inch square baking dish, or 6 - 7oz. ramekins.

1. Preheat oven to 375. Place fruit in a lightly greased dish
2. Stir together sugar and flour.  Whisk egg and melted butter and whisk together with sugar and flour.
3. Pour batter over fruit.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream!!

I love summer so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...