April 25, 2014

Continued Experiments with Recipes


This week I posted about my homemade granola bars.  Well, I made another batch but didn't have any honey, I had agave nectar, used that instead, and LOVED it!  It turned out great!  I think you could even sub agave nectar instead of the brown sugar.  Love!

Last night, I had some sauce leftover from my Polynesian Pork Tenderloin with orange curry sauce, and decided to try it over some salmon.  Delish!  Why had I never thought of it sooner?!?!?!  I actually think this sauce would go much better with a mahi mahi or other white fish.  The creaminess of this sauce would go better with those types of fish versus a salmon.  It was still great, but I would use on a white fish next time.  Seriously, this would make your regular ho hum fish not so ho hum anymore!!! 

Orange Curry Sauce Recipe
3 Oranges juiced
1 T. minced fresh garlic
1 bunch green onions (only the whites and pale green parts at the bottom) minced
1 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. bottled roasted red bell peppers, chopped or pureed
1 T. fresh ginger finely grated
1 T. red curry paste
1/4 c. chive and onion cream cheese

1. Add the ginger, peppers, broth, ginger, curry paste, and orange juice.

2.  Bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.  Cool.

3.  Process sauce in food processor or blender.  Return sauce to pan over low heat whisk in cream cheese until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...