January 8, 2014

A baby cake for my baby's birthday


I had to do a craft show on my baby's first birthday and left my husband in charge of making his cake.  My husband makes the best Texas Sheet Cake and I told him to make that and just put a portion of the batter into one of our little cake molds. 

(Side story:  After we got married, we realized we grew up eating the same cakes for most of the birthdays in our homes.  My mom mostly used sour cream though, while his family used buttermilk, and his family baked theirs in a cookie sheet, while my mom used a 9x13, but same recipe!)

Anyway, I came home to the most perfect little cakes!  He made more than one for me to choose from!  Good job John!!!  

One satisfied wife, and one satisfied baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...