My mom used to make some kind of fluffy cranberry jello recipe for some holidays. Since she isn't around to ask, I've been trying to figure out what comes closest to her recipe! This is pretty close I think, though not exact... This recipe calls for nutmeg, which I will omit the next time I make it. Though, it gives it a holidays kind of taste, I don't like it in this recipe. This recipe calls for pecans, which I also leave out.
I use my Tupperware jello mold and it comes out great! I made this for Thanksgiving, but it could also make an appearance at a Christmas dinner as well.
Cranberry Mousse Recipe
Recipe from Here
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream