I think there should be a few peaches left on some trees somewhere to make this ice cream! My friend showed me her Tea Time magazine, and we saw this recipe and thought we should make it!!! It was super yummy and pretty rich!! The key to really good peach ice cream is the peaches. You need super yummy (sweet) peaches to make the best ice cream!!
Fresh Peach Ice Cream Recipe
2 c. heavy cream*
1 c. milk
3 large egg yolks
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. peaches, peeled, cut & put in food processor
1. In medium saucepan combine cream and milk. Scald, but do not boil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg yolk, sugar, and salt. Whisk until light and creamy.
3. Temper eggs by adding 1/4 c. hot cream mixture and whisk vigorously. Then add 1/2 c. hot cream, whisk again. Slowly add remaining hot cream mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon, approximately 5 minutes. Do not let boil.
4. Remove mixture from heat and pour through fine mesh strainer (to remove egg particles). Add vanilla extract. Cool. Add peach puree.
5. Put in ice cream maker for about 30 minutes until desired consistency.
6. If you want a peach shake, enjoy immediately. If you want ice cream you can form let harden in freezer until desired firmness.
* As with any ice cream recipe, you can change the amount of cream you use with half and half or milk. It has to have some cream, but if you are feeling healthier you can use less, but add more milk, etc.
|my ice cream maker was overflowing with all that peach goodness!!!|