August 8, 2013

Food Journal from Charleston, SC

Pin It

Oh my goodness... How I loved Charleston, South Carolina!!  I finally found our food journal from when we were there when I cleaned out my office!  I loved almost every place we ate in Charleston! I listed (and linked to) the place we ate, the food I tried (I didn't buy all that food, but sampled from others plates), and how much I spent on my own meal.  I CAN NOT WAIT to go back...

Poogan's Porch
Fun little restaurant with a great background story.  It was also a stop on our Ghost Tour we did one night... Good food! 

She Crab Fondue
Fried Green Tomatoes
Goat Cheese Pecan ball
Pimento Cheese Fritters
Fried Ravioli
Salads
19.00

Boone Hall Market
Can I just say YUM?!?!?! 


 
BBQ
Pimento Crab Sandwich
Friend Green Tomato
12.00

Melvins
LOVED!!!!!  Absolutely loved! 
 
BBQ
Macaroni and Cheese
Onion Rings
Lima Beans
13.00

Jestine's Kitchen
This was the disappointment of the trip.  I had heard people raved about this place.  Totally over rated and we were under impressed. I linked up here to yelp reviews, and should have checked them out before we went in!  I guess people that liked this place hadn't had really good southern cooking before...  The pecan crusted whiting was good though!  
 
Meatloaf
Macaroni and Cheese
Pork Chops
Pecan Crusted Whiting**
Coconut Cream Pie
Lemon Custard Pie
15.97


Toast
LOVED!!  I wish we had gone there more than one time!
 

Currant Bread French Toast
10.00

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Kind of a sisters trip tradition (which we just broke this last year).  We love our shrimp of all kinds! 
  
Shrimpers Heaven

Magnolias
So yummy!  We went here for lunch.
 
BBQ Sliders
Grilled Meatloaf
BBQ Salmon
Blue Crab Ravioli
11.05

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...