April 7, 2013

Copy Cat Mimi's Carrot Raisin Bread

 
 
John and I love eating out and trying new restaurants, however now that our children all eat big people portions, eating out is really expensive, so we don't do it anymore.  It's really sad.  But, I get over it by just finding our favorite recipes and making them at home!  So, we get good food for way less money!  Perfect!
 
My favorite food that Mimi's Cafe serves is the carrot raisin bread that is in the bread basket they give you.  I like to order a whole loaf if I go at lunch or breakfast when they don't give you the bread basket.  Why have I never looked this recipe up before now?!?!?!!? 
 
This is a really great and yummy recipe!  It does taste like the bread Mimi's serves, even more so the day after.  So, bake it then eat it the next day for the more authentic Mimi's taste.  I didn't add the walnuts.  I don't mind them at the restaurant, but that's the perks to making the recipes at home, you can leave your not so favorites out! 
 
Copy Cat Mimi's Carrot Raisin Bread Recipe
Recipe from HERE


1 1/2 c
  
  flour
1 tsp   baking soda
2 tsp   baking powder
2 tsp   cinnamon
1/2 tsp   salt
1 c   vegetable oil
1 1/2 c   brown sugar
3   eggs
1/2 c   chopped walnuts (I didn't add)
1/2 c   crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c   raisins
1 c   finely shredded carrot

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Grease and flour 2 regular sized bread loaf pans.
 
3.  In a medium bowl; sift together first five ingredients; set aside.
 
4.  In a separate bowl; whisk together oil, brown sugar and eggs; pour into flour mixture and stir well.
 
5.  Stir in walnuts, pineapple, raisins and carrots.
 
6.  Pour into prepare pan(s). Bake 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned. Test with toothpick or cake tester to make sure it's done.
 
***  I didn't do any sifting.  I dumped all the ingredients together in the Kitchen Aid, and added the carrots, pineapple, and raisins last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...