August 23, 2012

Nutella Stuffed French Toast



I'm not really sure if I will make this again.  It was yummy, but just give me a nutella crepe instead...  :)  My children loved it and gobbled it up!!

The original recipe said it only made two french toast (sandwiches)  but I made 5 (sandwiches).  I don't drench my french toast in the egg mixture, I just like a quick dip to cover it.  I hate soggy french toast.  I also decided to use bananas because I love banana nutella crepes.  Next time I may throw my sliced bananas in a skillet first too before serving, jut to bring out the sugars in them. 


Nutella Stuffed French Toast Recipe
Recipe from HERE

10 slices Texas Toast
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup powdered sugar
Nutella
maple syrup
fresh fruit

Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium low heat.

In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, and powdered sugar.

Take 2 slices of the Texas Toast and spread Nutella on each one. (The original recipe said 1 Tablespoon on each side, but I didn't measure, I just covered it...)  Sandwich together and dip both sides in the custard mixture.

Grill on each side until brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately with maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...