February 23, 2012

Copy Cat Tuxedo Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory


For Valentine's Day, I wanted to make John our favorite cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, The Tuxedo Cheesecake.

I searched a really long time to find a recipe, and unfortunately, I won't be sharing one because it was not a good recipe! 

As I was following this recipe, for some reason, my common sense slipped away, and I followed bad directions despite the thoughts in my head saying, "that won't work," or "granulated sugar is going to make the cheesecake part grainy."  Don't even get me started on the mascarpone layer....  I even called John at work to tell him how mad I was while I was making this.  Mad at myself for not using my common sense, and my own cooking skills. 

I finally stopped using this chicks recipe and improvised the rest.  Despite that - it was still good, crazy rich, but edible.  I mean it was all eaten...

So, I'm sorry I don't have a recipe to share, but I'm going to create my own recipe for this cheesecake, and then I'll post it on the next Copy Cat week.  Sound good?  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...