October 14, 2011

Glitter Nails

I've never been one to paint my finger nails - I just didn't like having color on my nails.  My niece got some glitter polish for her birthday and we tried it, but the glitter didn't coat your nail.  My 12 year old niece gave me another idea to try.  So I did, and it worked!  I've gotten so many comments on them I thought I would tell you how to do it. 

(The pictures aren't great, I'm sorry.  I took them right after I did my nails before I cleaned up around my nails, but you get the idea!)


You need:

Clear fingernail polish
Glitter (the loose kind - picture below)
(a tooth pick would be handy too, I didn't use one, but if I were to do it again I would)


  1. Paint one finger nail with a coat of clear polish.
  2. Sprinkle glitter over nail.
  3. Use toothpick to move glitter away from your cuticles.
  4. Move on to the next nail, and repeat steps 1-3.
  5. When you are done one hand let it dry just a little, then press down on top of the glitter on your nail to make a smoother finish.
  6. Let dry completely.
  7. Coat with THREE or more coats of clear finger nail polish. 
    1. When you do the first coat after the glitter you need to wipe off your brush on to paper getting the excess glitter off before dipping it back in the polish.  You can see in the picture below the loose glitter in the streaks of nail polish where I wiped off my brush.

Enjoy your sparkly nails!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...