February 1, 2011

Tuna Romaine Salad


I think this was a South Beach diet recipe that I found when I did South Beach a few years ago. It's simple, yummy, and HEALTHY!

Tuna Romaine Salad

Romaine Lettuce (fresh, or bagged)
Cooked Edamame (I've used both the steamer bags in the microwave, and cooked and shelled my own)
Canned tuna (6 oz. can per person)
Green Goddess Dressing

Dressing Recipe:
Put the following in a food processor and mix:

1/2 avocado (average sized)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 T. mayo
3 T. non fat plain yogurt
1 T. water
1 T. milk (I wanted to try buttermilk this past time, because I think it would taste good, or even 2 T. buttermilk instead of the water too.)
2 scallions chopped (This time I grated an onion and used 1 T of the onion and juice combined)
1 small clove garlic minced (I also grate garlic on the micro plane grater)
2 T. chopped fresh basil (1 tsp. dried)
1 T. chopped fresh parsley (1 tsp. dried)
1 T. chopped fresh tarragon (didn't use because I didn't have)
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice


Put tuna, edamame, and dressing over Romaine.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a version of salade nicoise. You know if the French eat it, it must be healthy . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...