February 14, 2011

Hmmm...

Have you ever wondered how to make your own Slim Jims? Yeah, I haven't either, but I can tell you how to make your own...

So, on Super Bowl Suday, John wanted little smokies. So, he puts them in the pot, asks me how to make them, I tell him to cook them till they shrink a little, and then left to go to a meeting.

I come home to find that he had over cooked them. "Honey," I said, "shrink, not shriveled..."

But, actually, I gobbled them up all last week; they just tasted like slim jims. I love beef jerky, but only buy it on long road trips, becuase you can't fall asleep while you try and chew beef jerky. Really, you should try it.

Anyhow. We used turkey little smokies, and then use any regular recipe to make them, cook them until they are good and dead (shriveled), and you've got yourself a slim jim.


Appetizing. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...