March 7, 2010

Rise and Shine!

I love breakfast!

My mom made us a hot breakfast almost every morning when I was growing up. My dad helped occasionally too. On the mornings cereal was served, I usually ate leftovers from dinner. I've never been a huge fan of cereal. So, when my children come to my side of the bed in the morning and say they are hungry, and I say how about some biscuits, pancakes, etc., and they reply, "Cereal!" it's almost blasphemous! It's my own fault, I went on a huge breakfast making vacation, and for quite some time they only ate cereal. I've really been trying to do better, and now when I propose to my kids that we have muffins, eggs, pancakes, etc. for breakfast, my son responds with, "Cereal AND muffins!"

I don't know how my mom did it! It is hard to muster up the energy to make breakfast in the mornings. One thing that has helped me is that I've been trying to make breakfasts that I can prepare ahead of time, and either bake or warm up in the mornings.

So, this week this blog is devoted to Make Ahead Breakfast Foods, to help us all rise and shine!!


(I'll get back to the creating part of this blog when my work room is clean and organized...
almost there...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...