I know what some of you are thinking... Bran muffins? Gross! So, not the case! Paired with a little Brummel & Brown I can't eat a ton of these things. Not to mention, your kids will eat a ton of these things!! My sister gave me this recipe a long time ago, it's a favorite of her family's and mine too!
The great thing about this recipe is they are not only good, but it makes a ton (you could half the recipe), and you store the batter in your fridge and make them at your leisure! So, on those mornings you really don't feel like doing anything; you open your fridge, take out the bowl with the muffin batter in it, scoop some in some muffin tins, and breakfast is served!!
2 c. boiling water
2 c. All Bran
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. oil
5 c. flour
5 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 c. buttermilk
4 c. Bran flakes
1. Add All Bran to boiling water, set aside to soak.
2. Beat eggs, brown sugar, and oil. Add in soaked All Bran mixture and beat to combine.
3. Beat in remaining ingredients.
4. Preheat oven to 375.
5. Grease muffin tins or liners
6. Fill muffin tins 2/3 - 3/4 full, depending on how big you want your muffins to be.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
8. Store remaining batter in a covered bowl in your fridge for up to at least one week.
(This makes a very large bowl; you could totally cut the recipe in half, but I like to have the extras in my fridge! Also, my sister will sometimes use all All Bran instead of using that and Bran Flakes. You could do the same with just bran flakes as well. The All Bran way is going to give you a darker muffin, and the Bran Flake way will give you a lighter muffin. Either way, delicious!)