October 19, 2015

Teacher Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop - DIY Teacher Gift

Pin It

At the end of the school year last year I wanted to give the kids teachers a gift, but my cash flow was low, so I took to my messy, but convenient work room to see what I could come up with.  Though, this is what I came up with, as I was making it (It did take some time!!), I was thinking how much easier it would have been to buy a gift card...

Teacher Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Gift

Materials Needed:
Embroidery Hoop (Pick a smaller size than I did, it will take less time...)
Chalkboard fabric
White Embroidery Floss
Needle
Chalk
Pen

Step One:

Place your embroidery hoop on top of your chalk board fabric and cut out a larger circle.  Leave enough slack to go in between the embroidery hoop frame.   Then, place your fabric in the frame.  I'm not going to lie, this was the hardest part.   It took some work.  Next, prepare your chalkboard fabric by covering it completely with chalk.  Then, take a paper towel and wipe clean. 


Step 2:

Print up your saying how you'd like it placed on the fabric.  Place a book underneath the fabric (which is attached to the embroidery hoop) and take a pen and copy the quote, pressing through the paper, not actually trying to write on the fabric, but leaving an impression.  


You can see the imprint of the quote here
Step 3:

Thread your needle with embroidery floss and go to town!  I start at the bottom so that my hand doesn't erase the imprint of the quote when I start from the top. 



Step 4: 

Let your child use the chalk to customize their chalkboard frame.  This was Mallary's:



Now you can make your child's teacher one!  Or just buy them a gift card. 

If you are interested in one for a Christmas gift for your child's teacher?  I can help you... Send me a message!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...