January 14, 2014

Round Steak Sauerbraten


When you rolled out of bed this morning, you didn't know it, but today is your lucky day!  It is... It's kind of like you won the lottery - or better because people won't ask you for money they'll just ask you for this recipe!

I'm sharing one of my most favoritest recipes with you!  This is my family's favorite!!  Maybe I convinced John to marry me after making this for him...

This is most definitely a crowd pleaser! I promise!!!  It is similar to a stroganoff kind of recipe, but this uses steak, no cream of mushroom soup, and a secret ingredient - Ginger!  Seriously, I think you're going to like it LOVE it!

I challenge you to just try not to lick your plate...



Round Steak Sauerbraten Recipe

1 ½ lb. round steak
2 pkg. brown gravy mix (I use the reduced sodium kind)
2 ½ c. water
1 T. minced onion
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. white vinegar
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf

1 c. sour cream (you can use light or whatever kind you like)

1.  Cut steak into 1 inch squares.  In a large skillet, brown meat in a little bit of olive oil.  Remove from skillet and set aside.  

2.  Put water and gravy mix in skillet and stir to dissolve.  Bring to boil stirring constantly.   

3. Whisk in remaining ingredients (except the sour cream).  Return meat to skillet; cover and simmer 1 ½ hours or until tender, stirring occasionally.   (Don't skimp on cooking time - it makes a difference)

4.  When ready to serve, remove bay leaf and add sour cream and stir until combined.  Serve over cooked, hot egg noodles.  

5.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...