March 27, 2012

Paula Dean's Piggy Pudding


When I saw the name of this recipe, I knew I had to try it! 

I mean, the ingredients are sausage, apples, and cornbread, that's basically a stuffing at Thanksgiving, so I thought, why not?

This recipe did receive mixed reviews at my house.  I don't know if I will make it again because there are so many other breakfast/brunch recipes out there that I like more. 


(adapted from) Paula Dean's Piggy Pudding Recipe

1 lb sausage (I used turkey sausage, Paula Dean used pork links)
3-5 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, diced small
1/2 of my cornbread recipe
Maple Syrup for serving


1. Brown sausage in skillet.  Drain.  Pour in 9 inch pan.
2. Layer apples on top.
3. Make half of cornbread recipe and pour over top. 
4. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
5. Serve with syrup.
6. Enjoy!


The size of the apples I added




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...