March 7, 2011

Yummy Meatball Recipe



I tried a new recipe last week for Red Sauce and Meatballs. I loved the meatballs, but won't make the red sauce recipe again, not impressed.

I cut this recipe out in 2004, but found it online for you HERE.

The meatballs were very flavorful, I had to force myself to stop eating them when they came out of the oven! The family loved them too!

Meatball Recipe

1 1/2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
1 c. Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
1 large egg
1/2 small onion, grated
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese (I used prepared shredded - but finely grated fresh parmesan would be really yummy!)
3 garlic cloves minced
1 T. dried Basil
1 T. dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients. Shape mixture into about 32, 1 inch balls.

Place greased rack on a cookie sheet. Arrange meatballs on rack. (Honestly, my meat was so lean (93%), no grease even dripped onto the cookie sheet, so if you are using really lean meat, I think you can do without using a rack.)

Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until meatballs are browned.

Perfect for spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...