January 20, 2011

Super Easy Blackberry Cobbler



I love cobblers. We had a lot of cobbler growing up. I'm used to the bready - doughy top cobbler, but this cobbler recipe is different. It has a crispy top, but the bready part is more underneath. Any cobbler is easy to make, but this cobbler recipe is by far the easiest!!

I cut this out of a magazine, but have no idea which one or when...

Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe

4 c. frozen blackberries (recipe calls for fresh, but I use the frozen ones we picked last summer!)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 large egg
1 c. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp. butter melted (recipe calls for 6)

For this recipe you can use an 8 inch square baking dish, I use 6 - 7oz. ramekins. This recipe mentions you could serve it in mugs too, which would be fun!

1. Preheat oven to 375. Place blackberries in a lightly greased (I forgot to do this a few times, and it was fine). Sprinkle blackberries with lemon juice. (I didn't have any lemons or lemon juice the last time I made these, and it definitely tastes better with the lemon juice, but if you don't have any on hand and want to make it, just sprinkle your blackberries with some sugar at least.)

2. Stir together egg, sugar and flour until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over blackberries.
3. Drizzle melted butter over topping. (I use a dessert spoon and drizzle about two of those spoonfuls over each one.)


4. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream!!

A little bit of summer sunshine in the winter!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...