December 15, 2010

Spritz Cookies


For the next few days, I'll post a few foods you should make to add to your holiday table...

This is definitely one of them.

My husband introduced these to me after we got married, they are one of his family's favorites, and now they are one of mine!!

Spritz Cookie Recipe

1 c. butter
2/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Splash of milk

Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and mix. Add almond extract, and then dry ingredients. I then add just a little bit of milk to bring the dough together. NOT MUCH, just a little splash or two. (Don't you love my technical terms...) You kind of have to bring the dough together with your hands. Then you take the dough and cram it into your cookie gun, and make whatever shapes you want.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.

I color sugar with food coloring, or you could buy sprinkles. Trevan sprinkled the ones above, so he was a little heavy on the red sprinkles... We like to decorate ours with red hots. (Bake them with red hots on them) Especially the wreath shapes, to make it look like berries. A spritz cookie and a red hot equal the perfect combination!

Santa will appreciate these cookies. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. My cookie gun broke on me this year while I was making them! I'm so annoyed. So I just made circles by hand; not nearly as cool. Then after I tasted one I realized that I had not put all the butter in . . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...