December 24, 2010

Handmade Christmas Ornaments

I put a Christmas tree in my kids room this year, and hope to have all handmade ornaments on it next year.

I saw some cute yarn ball ornaments at JoAnn Fabric, and figured I could make some myself for cheaper than buying one ornament.

So, I made some in the colors of the tree; red, lime, and white.


I love them! And, so super easy!

I also wanted to make a fun garland, and tried to make one with yarn and buttons:
Unfortunately, the buttons are so much heavier than the yarn they just fall over and lay flat... I tried to fix a portion of it by threading wire through the buttons:

It's better, but I'm not sure how I feel about it... It was a fun concept, but I might do something else with it for next year...

We got one real tree up and three fake trees up, but the fake tree in our room didn't get decorated this year, but it's up... the tops of the dressers in our room are decorated with all the ornaments that should be on that tree... There was a section of lights out of it, and I was waiting for John to fix it before I decorated... it's still not fixed... maybe next year.

Merry Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...