February 8, 2010

Organizing winter gear

I love organizing, and I think it can legitimately be included under the category of creating, because sometimes you have to get a little creative when trying to figure out where to put everything in your home.

I've had a hard time trying to find a place for all of our winter hats, scarves, gloves, and mittens. I used to keep my son's gear in his room, and my daughter's gear in her room, and my husband's stuff and mine in the coat closet in a basket. The problem was, whenever we were going out, I never felt like hiking up the stairs to go get my daughter's hat. Or, when my son got home, his gloves never made it back to his room, so we would shove them in our basket in the coat closet. I didn't like the system I had. I just wanted a convenient place to put everything, and not have to dig through a basket to get it.

I finally figured it out. We always enter our house through the garage. The garage leads to a small laundry room where our coat closet is. On the inside of our coat closet door, I hung a canvas shoe rack to organize all of our winter gear. Now, Trevan can put away his own gloves, and all of our winter hats, scarves, and gloves finally have a home.


Not really rocket science, but a perfect solution for my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...