January 15, 2010

Marshmallow Popcorn Balls


If you like rice krispy treats, and popcorn balls, here is a recipe for you!

I was introduced to these marshmallow-y popcorn balls by my in-laws and make it whenever I need an easy, sweet and salty treat.

Here is my own personal serving size recipe (technically, this makes about six orange sized popcorn balls, but I can really eat them all by myself... yikes! I do share with my children now, however.):

1 regular sized bag of microwave popcorn (I usually use some kind of butter flavor)
2 TBS unsalted butter
5 oz. marshmallows
1/8 C. brown sugar

Pop popcorn according to directions, and then put in a large bowl (picking out any unpopped seeds). In a small pot, melt butter on medium low heat, then add brown sugar and marshmallows until smooth and melted. Pour over popcorn and mix well. Butter your hands and form into balls.

For these popcorn balls, I used three different kinds of marshmallows. I used the holiday marshmallows, and picked out all the green ones to melt. I also used the strawberry marshmallow flavored ones, and the coconut marshmallows! I liked them all. Oh, the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...