December 16, 2019
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
These are awesome sugar cookies! They are great frosted with a buttercream frosting, cream cheese frosting, a plain vanilla frosting from a store bought jar, or with a glace. I also use this recipe for fruit pizza with a cream cheese frosting, topped with fruit. I've also used it to make a cookie cake (shown below the recipe). The dough is the perfect consistency. The cookies are fluffy and not dry. These cookies are always a hit!
Sour Cream Sugar Cookie Recipe
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
5 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Mix well.
3. Whisk dry ingredients together in separate bowl. After mixed, add slowly to wet ingredients and mix well. You add enough flour until your dough isn't sticky.
4. Chill dough. (Do not skip this part. It helps the cookies bake more evenly so they aren't super fluffy and look better decorated. Also, it makes them easier to roll out and easier to handle as you cut them and place them on a pan.)
5. Roll dough and cut out desired shapes. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. You want them to BARELY brown on the edges to keep them soft.
Makes 60 cookies. (For real)