If there was leftover turkey from a holiday meal, my mom would make this! It's always a crowd pleaser! We had company for dinner the night I made this, and they looked at it and asked cautiously what it was... They took small servings, and then immediately scooped up three times their original serving. Ha!
This recipe is very forgiving - you can add or substitute for most ingredients. I've made this different almost every time I make it. My mom's recipe calls for canned cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup, I sub my own soups for those, but if you want a quicker version and are not highly opposed to it like some are, just use the canned kind! I still do sometimes.
Turkey or Chicken Lasagna Recipe
12 lasagna noodles (cooked)
4 cups cubed or shredded turkey or chicken
1 cup Monterrey jack cheese grated
1 cup cheddar cheese grated
2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (reserved for the top)
1 cup cream of chicken soup substitute*
1 cup cream of mushroom soup substitute*
1 cup chicken broth
1 medium onion grated
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use the Olive Oil kind)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Cook noodles as directed.
2. Mix filling ingredients together.
3. Grate cheese. Mix all cheese together, except reserve Parmesan cheese for the top.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a greased, 9x13 pan, pour just enough filling in the bottom of pan to coat. Put three lasagna noodles on bottom of pan slightly overlapping, sprinkle some chicken, filling, and cheese. Repeat three times. Then add the final three noodles and put the last of the filling on top. Top with a little bit of cheese mixture and the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Grease aluminum foil and cover the lasagna with the aluminum foil greased side down.
6. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes covered. Uncover and cook 10 more minutes.
* You can use canned cream of chicken and mushroom soup if you don't want to make the substitute.
Cream of Chicken Substitute from HERE
2. T. butter
2 T. flour
1 c. chicken broth
Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour. Whisk until smooth. Add chicken broth. Whisk and cook for three minutes until thick.